Monday 14 November 2011

Costume and Set Ideas

I know the band I'm covering personally, as I'm in the band. So I know the kind of clothes they own and wear - meaning this part was easy. I want to show the band as a diverse group, explaining how different all their styles are, yet the colours they wear are quite dark and monotone, which links them together.




Setting, I have ideas, but i'll need to take the photos myself as I can't find images of where I want them to be online, however I have managed to find a few pictures online that help illustrate what I'm looking for.

The steps outside of the school block is what I want for the front cover as it shows them as well-educated people, it makes them look more official, yet it's not going to be a fancy school, just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill school. The effect of this would be that it shows them as normal human beings who play very honest music.

I'm unsure as of yet which image i should use for the double page spread. I want to have a kind of live image that shows the band performing, but I'm not sure if that means having them onstage or in a studio. The studio would link in well with the story, as it involves them rehearsing IN A STUDIO, however the intent of the article is to let everyone know that they aren't giving up, that they're still playing live despite their loss. Having an image of a 3-man live performance would illustrate that fantastically!

The image on the double page spread inside I'd like to be taken using a fish eye lens, as it takes photos with a visually interesting shape, and distorts the image in an exciting way. It would also allow us to take an image with a wider angle, meaning we could probably do a close up of a live performance and still fit all three of the band members in at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment