Tuesday 6 December 2011

Image Editing

Before
After
I unfocused the background, and drained all background colours. This put all the focus on the three main subjects and their instruments. I then sharpened the subjects as I realised they were slightly out of focus. The reason the guy on the right looks pink was to do with the stage lighting, and normally I would've changed it, but I wanted to portray the band more honestly, not airbrushed to perfection. I also managed to select the fire escape and alarm at the back, then use the clone tool to remove them.


After
Before




















For this second image, I went against the last notion. On the front page, you want something relatively pleasant to look at. I airbrushed all the creases out of their faces, as it also removed any pixelation caused by the changing of the size of the image in the editing process. I then unfocused the background a lot, so that leg between Will and Dan doesn't get any of the limelight - that leg is unimportant. I also thought back to the interview at NME, who told us to try and avoid the colour Black, as it's not as visually engaging, so I brightened the background. Unfortunately, this created more pixelation, so I had to unfocus it more. By the end, it made the three subjects look like they are glowing, which is a positive thought, quite fitting with the way I wanted them to look - happy, unfazed by the Dramas they've experienced. So I kept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment