Thursday 22 September 2011

Front Page Designs

Okay, here's my rough plan. I thought i'd need an unrectangular shape for the masthead to make it look different to all the others and a grabbing, dramatically shaped ear. The rest of it is pretty basic stuff, like a main headline, with a supporting image, surrounded by smaller headlines.


Then I decided I needed a colour scheme. I liked the contrast that I saw in other designs I looked at, so I decided to have a black background and bright colours in the foreground. For these colours I used some of the colours I found on the school logo (mainly green). I then looked at the other end of the spectrum (red/orange) and used the contrast between that and green to make the ear stand out even more. I also needed to plan the image - he kind of shape i'd need, the way i'd edit it, the size - all that jazz. And which font i'd use. I wanted something easy to read, not boring and official looking (as it IS a school magazine).

No comments:

Post a Comment